Where to find help outside of Australia & New Zealand
To find a local helpline in your country, visit Befrienders Worldwide at www.befrienders.org.
Disclaimer: This directory is designed for information purposes only. The BluePages team is not responsible for, and does not necessarily endorse or recommend the practitioners and services listed here. Although the BluePages team strives to keep the directory up to date, no guarantee is given about the relevance and accuracy of the directory listings provided. Directory last reviewed: 18th July, 2011.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Free call: 1800 273 TALK (1800 273 8255)
- Web: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24 hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
Consumer/Survivor Mental Health Information
Mental Health Services Locator
- Web: http://mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/databases
- Provides comprehensive information about mental health services and resources. You can access this information in several ways by selecting a State or U.S. Territory from the map or drop-down menu.
- Web: http://locator.apa.org
- The American Psychological Society site can provide information about local psychologists.
How to get help in the UK
Visit the NHS Living Well, Depression Alliance, Royal College of Psychiatrists, Mental Health Foundation and Mind websites for more information on getting help in the UK.
- Tel: 08 457 909090
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.samaritans.org.uk
- Samaritans provides confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
NHS Mental Health Information
(NHS) Mental Health Services Locators
- Web: www.bacp.co.uk
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapies can help you to find a counsellor or psychotherapist.
Student Counselling UK
- Web: www.student.counselling.co.uk
- Provides information about the support available to UK university students and helps students locate appropriate services.